Problems with Webcam

Doncho N. Gunchev mr700 at globalnet.bg
Sat Jun 5 11:59:36 UTC 2004

On 2004-06-05 (Saturday) 14:30, Murali wrote:
> Hello list
> I recently bought the webcam of Logitech make "QuickCam Express" model.I

    Seems there are many "QuickCam Express" cameras. I got one that claimed
to be, but I had to download and compile by hand some beta modules, that
worked very bad. Try 'tail -f /var/log/messages', see what vendor/product
numbers you get (it it is an USB camera) when you plug it and google a bit
to see if it is supported. My product number was 0x720 and it does not work.

--
Regards,
  Doncho N. Gunchev    Registered Linux User #291323 at counter.li.org
  GPG-Key-ID: 1024D/DA454F79
  Key fingerprint = 684F 688B C508 C609 0371  5E0F A089 CB15 DA45 4F79