XFree86 driver releases from the current CVS?

Chris Kloiber ckloiber at ckloiber.com
Sat Jun 5 15:40:00 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-06-05 at 01:29, Jack Howarth wrote:
>     I noticed that the XFree86 web site provides binaries
> for the current video drivers from the XFree86 CVS at...
>
> http://www.xfree86.org/~alanh/
>
> Has anyone tried the radeon_drv.o with Fedora Core 2? I am
> hoping it might have working DRI support for the Radeon
> 9600XT since the one in xorg doesn't. While I can get the
> ATI 3.9.0 drivers installed on Fedora Core 2 it suffers
> from unacceptable amounts of hortizontal static when used
> with a ViewSonic VP201s at 1600x1200. Hopefully the
> open source driver will fair better.
>                     Jack

I clicked on the radeon_drv.o and it splatted over my screen rather than
downloading. Found these strings you might be interested in:

"Direct rendering not yet supported on Radeon 9500/9700 and newer cards"

"Direct rendering not yet supported on IGP320/330/340/350, 7000, 9000
integrated chips"

"You may not have enough display bandwidth for current mode"

"If you have flickering problem, try to lower resolution, refresh rate,
or color depth"

So no joy on on the 9600XT, but there's your answer for the flickering.

--
Chris Kloiber