aRts, KDE, Xmms, FC2

Jorge Fábregas fabregasj at prtc.net
Sat Jun 5 21:08:41 UTC 2004

On Saturday 05 June 2004 4:58 pm, Gunnar Kramm wrote:
> in the configuration settings of the aRts plugin for XMMS try lowering the
> buffer value as low as you can (200 was a low as I could go in my xmms).
>  You may have to restart xmms for this to take effect.

 Hello Gunnar,

I tried that the other days because I know the longer your buffer is the
longer the delay would be. I tried but I had crippy sound (it was skipping a
lot).

I removed the following rpm's from FC2:
xmms
xmms-plugins
xmms-mp3

I installed the ones from SuSE 9:
xmms
xmms-kde

I opened xmms...selected the aRts plugin and now it works like it should!
There's a BIG difference. Also, with that version of xmms (1.2.8) you don't
have the minimizing bug.

If you or any one is interested in these xmms+arts-plugin rpm's just let me
know and I'll post them.

Thanks,
Jorge