ATI drivers

Dylan Parry me at dylanparry.com
Sat Jun 5 23:59:39 UTC 2004

On Sat,  5 Jun 2004 19:48:47 -0400 (EDT), Jack Howarth
<howarth at bromo.msbb.uc.edu> wrote:

> Dylan,
>    You need to be in /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod
> and use...
>
>  patch -p0 < /path/to/fglrx-getpage.patch

Okay, when doing that I get:

-----
[dylan at localhost build_mod]$ sudo patch -p0 <
/home/dylan/flgrx-getpage.patch
patching file agpgart_be.c
patching file firegl_public.c
patch unexpectedly ends in middle of line
Hunk #1 succeeded at 2019 with fuzz 1.
-----

What does this mean? This in turn allows me to run the make.sh script
okay, but when it comes to the make_install.sh I get the following error:

-----
[root at localhost fglrx]# sh make_install.sh
- creating symlink
- recreating module dependency list
- trying a sample load of the kernel module
FATAL: Error inserting fglrx
(/lib/modules/2.6.6-1.422/kernel/drivers/char/drm/fglrx.ko): Operation not
permitted
failed.
-----

Forgive me if I am being a total idiot, but I really don't know what to do
next :s

--
Dylan Parry