Problems with missing header files

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Mon Jun 7 09:38:03 UTC 2004

Am Mo, den 07.06.2004 schrieb Florian B um 9:57:

> after having installed Fedora Core 2, I tried to compile a new kernel.
> When I type in 'gmake gconfig' I get the following output (sorry that
> this is in German):
>
>    HOSTCC  scripts/basic/fixdep
> scripts/basic/fixdep.c:97:23: sys/types.h: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht
> gefunden

> It seems that a lot of curcial header files are missing although I am
> quite sure that I installed all necessary packages. Maybe something
> went wrong during the installation. Can someone check which package
> installs for example sys/types.h so that I can try to reinstall it?

> Florian

I would say the installation of the kernel-source RPM failed
(sys/types.h is part of it). Reinstall it and run make mrproper before
copying the config to the directory to start configuration and
compilation of a custom kernel.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.6.5-1.358
Serendipity 11:36:00 up 5 days, 11:53, load average: 0.10, 0.24, 0.18