cyrus-imapd howto

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Mon Jun 7 09:47:33 UTC 2004

Am Mo, den 07.06.2004 schrieb Roger Grosswiler um 9:44:

> 1)make sure, your saslauthd is correct configured: /etc/sysconfig/saslauthd should look somehow like this:
>
> [roger at link sysconfig]$ more saslauthd
> # To read about how postfix uses saslauthd read this:
> # /usr/share/doc/postfix-*/README-Postfix-SASL-RedHat.txt
> #
> # To see a list of authentication mechanisms supported by saslauthd execute this command
> # /usr/sbin/saslauthd -v
> #
> # Default to pam
> MECH=pam
> #MECH=shadow
> [roger at link sysconfig]$

Roger,

can you tell me why you describe the step to change the default setup of
saslauthd touse MECH=pam instead of default MECH=shadow? As you give not
any argument I just can't understand any need for it. The default
setting is absolutely correct and works proper.

And besides configuring Cyrus-IMAPd in any way it all helps less, if the
MTA does not know good about the Cyrus-IMAPd deliver tool and the LMTP
socket.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.6.5-1.358
Serendipity 11:44:05 up 5 days, 12:02, load average: 0.04, 0.12, 0.14