Next Fedora Release

Sean Estabrooks seanlkml at sympatico.ca
Mon Jun 7 11:46:33 UTC 2004

On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 11:54:23 +0100 (BST)
"K.M.Zammi Kahan" <ezammi at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
> My opinion on Fedora roadmap is , New version should be released every six months, yes every six months. What I mean is every odd release of Fedora should be bug fixed/maintenance release without new addons. I think this kind of senario will help Fedora to be stable in addtion to be bleading edge. That mean FC3 should be thoroughly tested  maintenance release with stable updates.

Hi Zammi,

I'm sure the folks at RedHat will reevaluate the schedule periodically but
I think your comments may be ovely influenced by the number of people
grumbling about this release. Rememeber that FC2 was a  major rollout
of the new 2.6 kernel.    FC3 will be using the 2.6 kernel as well which will
more mature.   So FC3 may come sooner than you like, but will likely be
closer to what you'd consider a maintenance release.

The Fedora project can't be all things to all people and unfortunately
some expect it to be just like previous RedHat offerings.   The release
schedule is designed to keep things moving at a brisk pace which is
great, but isn't appropriate for everyone.   Skipping every other release,
or waiting a few weeks after a release before installing might be a
better strategy for some.

Cheers,
Sean