FC1 on Sony Vaio (Post) install problem 1

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Mon Jun 7 11:53:34 UTC 2004

Hi folks.

Due to the current NVidia and dual boot problems I decided to install FC1 onto
my new laptop.  However, I still have 2 problems (so far). Here's the first.

This laptop does not have a floppy drive. When booting, when FC1 gets to the
'checking for new hardware'  stage it generates error messages while trying
to insmod floppy.o.

Although it isn't causing a problem, I would like to know if it's possible to
configure the system so that it does not load the module and therefore
doesn't generate the error messages.
--
Gary Stainburn