Next Fedora Release

tmolina at cablespeed.com tmolina at cablespeed.com
Mon Jun 7 12:28:03 UTC 2004

On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 12:14:15 +0100
  Andy Green <fedora at warmcat.com> wrote:

>On Monday 07 June 2004 11:54, K.M.Zammi Kahan wrote:
>> Hi,
>> My opinion on Fedora roadmap is , New version should be
>>released every six
>> months, yes every six months. >There's something to that idea.
>
>The six month thing just sounds like an arbitrary goal
>that is going to create
>unfinished releases, this time is was selinux, in the end
>it fell off the end
>of the world but in the meanwhile sucked up a lot of
>effort and maybe made
>the unfinishedness factor of FC2 worse than it could have
>been.

I agree that the six month thing may be an arbitrary goal.
 However, I disagree with your assertion regarding
selinux.  In my opinion Fedora Core (Test) is precisely
the right place for a project like selinux.  It gets
sponsored by a major distributor, gets LOADS of testing,
and is a great feature.  If you did a default install of
Fedora Core 2, selinux wasn't even enabled so it shouldn't
have been an issue.