repost/wishlist item: FC2 libata/system response with busy di sk

David Balazic david.balazic at hermes.si
Mon Jun 7 13:31:24 UTC 2004

Aaron Gaudio wrote :
> Behold, David Balazic <david balazic hermes si> hath decreed:
> > > Why don't you renice dvdauthor to a lower priority so that your mouse
> > > and other bits of the OS can still function?
> > > It worked beautifully. :-)
> > > I used
> > > renice 5 -p 3203 (3203 being the PID for mecoder at the time)
> >
> > Why doesn't Fedora work out of the box. Why should the user fix it ?
> >
> > And then people wonder why it is not a success on the desktop ...
>
> My limited experience with burning CDs on Windows is that its desktop
> performance is also quite affected when encoding/burning stuff.

And FC should copy bad properties of windows, because ... ?

> As for the original question, you could
Me ? Why me ? Aren't there hundreds of developers and testers who should
make the final release usable in real life ?

(
 Yes, I missed out the FC2 test cycle.
 It shows ;-)
)

> also probably write a shell
> script to conveniently nice the encoding in the first place, so that
> you don't have to use renice to change the priority on the fly...
> 'man nice'.
-----------
http://noepatents.org/           Innovation, not litigation !
---
David Balazic                      mailto:david.balazic at hermes.si
HERMES Softlab                 http://www.hermes-softlab.com
Zagrebska cesta 104            Phone: +386 2 450 8851
SI-2000 Maribor
Slovenija
"Be excellent to each other." -
Bill S. Preston, Esq. & "Ted" Theodore Logan