Kppp dialer and resolv.conf problems.

Graham Hamblin graham at hamblin24.f9.co.uk
Mon Jun 7 14:38:37 UTC 2004

Hi

New to the list and this is my first post.

My intial install of Fedora Core 2 off www.linux-magazine.com had
problems connecting by modem to the internet.   It appeared to connect
ok but then nothing.

The problem arose because on connect temporary details were not written
to /etc/resolv.conf.   There are two ways around the problem, there may
be others.   Either disabling auto dns in kppp and opting for manual
dns or editing /etc/resolv.conf with ISP details and domain
nameservers.

I have only received copies of previous posts from a friend, these
pointed me in the right direction.   Hope this is useful to others.

Regards
Graham Hamblin

--
Fedora Core 2