X config file for FC2

Peter Silcock smallcreep at quista.net
Mon Jun 7 19:22:43 UTC 2004

A couple of weeks ago Aaron Gaudio suggested in a posting to this list
that the asnwer to an FC2 "Error activating XKB configuration" was to
edit the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file.  I've tried to find an xorg.conf or
equivalent file on my standard FC2 installation, but so far in vain.
Will someone take pity on a witless fool and tell me where it is?

Incidentally I've removed the original problem by following a hint from
another mailing list:
"Early xorg-x11 packages did not have this symlink which can cause that
error...  cd /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb/rules ; ln -s xorg.lst xfree86.lst"

Peter Silcock