Sharing printers with cups: what is wrong?

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Mon Jun 7 21:18:55 UTC 2004

John L. Pierce wrote:
> In system-config-printer-gui right click the printer and choose sharing,
> from there allow all host that you wish to have print capabilities for.

I've found that there are times where CIDR notation (e.g.
"192.168.0.0/24") and sometimes even a the conventional address/netmask
notation doesn't always work right.  If you specify the actual address
of the clients, it usually does.  And no, I've not tried to sort it
out.  I hate python!

Just my $0.02

> You might need to choose file/sharing as well and enable sharing
> globally.
-   UNIX is actually quite user friendly.  The problem is that it's  -
-              just very picky of who its friends are!               -