Where do I set time display to 24 hour?

T. 'Nifty New Hat' Mitchell mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 8 05:24:37 UTC 2004

On Fri, May 28, 2004 at 08:52:36AM +0200, Per-Olof Litby - Reg'l Mgr Nordic/Baltic -

> I'm running FC2 and I've noticed that the system uses the am/pm
> convention to display time, e.g. in file properties. I have managed to
> set the clock on the task bar to 24 hour display, but where can I set
> the overall system time display to 24 hour?

I believe you are looking at a Nautilus display of a directory.  I
looked and did not see a configuration item for Nautilus to change the
format of the date/time.  If no one else has a suggestion perhaps file
an rfe.

However in a text window many of us use "ls -l" to list files in
directories. The default for an ls listing is a 24 hour clock for
recently touched files.

  drwxrwxr-x  13 bob bob     8192 Jun  7 21:33 mail

In addition ls has an option "--time-style=STYLE" that
lets you do more than the default.

There are other file/directory viewers.  Others can discuss their
favorite and the advantages.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l