[FC2] Best option for PCMCIA Wireless card

tmolina at cablespeed.com tmolina at cablespeed.com
Tue Jun 8 15:40:32 UTC 2004

>Probably an unrelated issue but I found that if you mark
>such an
>interface to run at boot time that it would not.  BUT if
>you uncheck
>that option the card would start up as expected when the
>pcmcia services
>start.  (always seemed odd that the pcmcia services start
>after
>networking services when your network card is a pcmcia
>card ....)

I am familiar with that phenomemon.  I actually tested
both initialize at boot, and not initialize at boot.
 However, the boot messages indicate the problem occurs
before that becomes an issue.  pcmcia services are not
being initialized properly and aren't even finding a
socket they can probe for devices.