fedora core 2 sore spots

Charles E Taylor IV tomalek at mindspring.com
Tue Jun 8 21:39:23 UTC 2004

On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 16:28:52 -0400
dsyates <dsyates at mindspring.com> wrote:

> On a related topic, I
> like apt better than yum, but I am using yum instead, hoping it will
> grow on me. In hind site maybe "sucks" is too strong a word. I just wish
> up2date worked better.

Under FC1, I just rpm -e'd up2date. :)

As fas as apt goes, I like it other than its tendency to want to "upgrade"
to older versions of some packages.  (Example - I install a new version of
gaim from gaim.sourceforge.net using their SRPM built on my system.  Apt
will usually want to"upgrade" to the old version of gaim in the
repositories.) Yum doesn't seem to do this as much.

*  Charles Taylor <tomalek at mindspring.com>
*  Chemistry teacher, Linux enthusiast!