Fast Audio

Gerry Tool gstool at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 8 23:43:28 UTC 2004

Don Maxwell wrote:
> After a Fedora Core 2 install, I found that my audio worked.  I could
> play .ogg files with xmms and all was well.  I even yum installed
> xmms-mp3 and RealPlayer and all continued well.
>
> The other shoe dropped when I installed xine.  After the install, ALL
> audio plays at what sounds to be double speed.  Much like when a 33 RPM
> record is played at 45 RPMs.
>
> I tried removing xine and rebooting, but no difference.
>
> The 2.6 kernel and ALSA are all new to me.  I found a message in a forum
>  where they talked about alsaconf, but I cannot find it on my CDs or
> from  the yum repositories identified in the "Unofficial Fedora FAQ."
>
> Are there any suggestions on what to look for or how to troubleshoot? If
> need be, I can reinstall Fedora.  However, I would much rather
> understand what went wrong and fix it.  I won't learn much from a
> reinstall.

I know it's of no comfort, but my .ogg files work just fine in either
xmms or totem after installing xine  in FC2 today.  I do not have
xmms-mp3 or RealPlayer installed.  When I click on .ogg files now, totem
opens, but if I click on .m3u files, xmms opens.  They both play at
correct speed.

Gerry Tool