Alsa sound problem Solved

david walcroft david_walcroft at yahoo.com.au
Wed Jun 9 01:53:05 UTC 2004

In FC 2 I did not have sound after installing and detection of my card
(Audigy-emu10k1) in firstboot,I tried most things - alsamixer,kmix,aumix
Gnome-alsamixer,chmod's on /dev/snd* but nothing worked, I knew alsaconf
was not in the alsa-utils.rpm anymore so I did a cvs alsa-utils from
Alsa.org and compiled/installed.Now I have sound and checking my lsmod,
modprobe.conf there is big difference between the new and old setup's.

So I am curious as to why alsaconf was pulled from alsa-utils when it's
possible that sound will work better with it included.

   Thanks   david