Can Fedora/Linux see a drive on a SATA PCI Card?

Adam Radabaugh anglophile88uk at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 9 03:40:42 UTC 2004

Hi,

I have a Maxtor SATA 150 PCI card (Tx2) that I use a 40GB/133 drive on for
my Windows XP.  I have Fedora (Core 2) on a 20GB/66 Western Digital on IDE
Channel 1.  Windows can read both drives without any drivers.  Fedora can
only see the drive it is on.  It does see my Tx2 card and does install a
driver for it (promise_sata) which is what it is but it will not read nor
see a drive connected to it.

This makes my job of "dual-booting" frustrating as I have to, in BIOS, tell
my computer which drive to look at first.  Either the SATA controller or the
IDE channel.