FC1 Proxy Servers

Chris Kloiber ckloiber at ckloiber.com
Wed Jun 9 04:28:07 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-06-08 at 12:16 -0600, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:
> At 10:31 6/8/2004, Chris Kloiber wrote:
> >IIRC, privoxy has a web front-end of it's own to configure it. Squid
> >does not, but you can enable basic squid functionality for your local
> >network by adding 2 lines to the /etc/squid/squid.conf, so it's not hard
> >at all.
>
> And those two lines are... <drum roll please>?
>
> I'm going to get around to installing/configuring squid in a few days and
> I'll do my own reading of the docs then, but I'm curious as to how that
> message would end. <smile>
>
> Cheers,

...in the list archive.

I mentioned them last week, IIRC. A fella wanted to set up a local lan
getting his internet access through a dial-up line, and asked about
setting up a proxy server to speed repeated requests up.

acl mylan src 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0

http_access allow mylan

--
Chris Kloiber