Help for a First timer !! and Fedora DVD Image.

Nigel Wade nmw at ion.le.ac.uk
Wed Jun 9 08:55:49 UTC 2004

Marc Bruggeman wrote:
> I guess this must be the rescue image ?? You can check by the MD5 sum.
> The proper sums are all listed on the REdhat site. Download the
> appropiate CDiso from Redhat or a mirror listed on the Redhat site and
> try again.
>
> On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 07:40, Randy Ramsdell wrote:
>
>>Robert Daems wrote:
>>

>>>The File that was listed DVD, is FC2-i386-DVD.iso 73,901 kb

That's the size of the DVD modulo 4GB, i.e the size of the file shown if you
don't have largefile (over 2GB) support. It's most likely the software used
to download the DVD iso can't handle files over 2GB.

Some FTP download sites don't list the file size correctly either, and it
may be that the download client honoured the file size which the server told it.

Either way, the OP will need to download the DVD again, using a client which
supports file sizes over 2GB.

E-mail :    nmw at ion.le.ac.uk
Phone :     +44 (0)116 2523548, Fax : +44 (0)116 2523555