FC2 install hangup - no luck after 2 hours fiddling

Dalibor Petricevic dalibor.petricevic at iskon.hr
Wed Jun 9 10:11:29 UTC 2004

On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 11:18:25 +0200, Fons van der Beek <fons at so-o.nl> wrote:

>> Hy all,
>>
>> I tried to install FC2 and it freezes on FIRST screen of install
>> procedure, on "check media" dialog (red box with two buttons bla bla
>> bla,
>> usual RH install thing).
>> Same with FC2 repair disc and first install disc.
>> Strange thing is (maybe not related) - on kernel init, there is line
>> saying "Disabling IRQ11" (owned by AGP VGA). What's that?!
>>
>> Tried all kernel parameters I could think of - noprobe, nousb, acpi=off,
>> pci=off, textual mode, graphical mode ... nothing helps.
>> RH9 with custom 2.6.4 kernel works fine.
>>
>> So, RH9, Win2000, FreeBSD - all works and installs well - FC2 won't
>> install.
>
> 1) Are you using a Nvdia video adapter (there are known issues)?

Hy Fons,

yes, please tell me where can I find usefull articles/tips?

> 2) wat is your hardware configuration

it's somewhat old, my previous development machine;
very ordinary, no fancy stuff, no SATA, no firewire, no audio (integrated
om MB)
ASUS ISDN card, 3COM network adapter, Nvidia Geforce2 MX400, 384 MB RAM,
Athlon XP1400+, MB MSI VIA KT333

but THIS might be the problem (please, NO funny stuff - I heard it all.
there IS a reason for this :-))
master IDE:
	hda - cd reader/recorder (NEC)
	hdb - DVD reader (LG)
slave IDE:
	hdc - IDE - dual boot win2000/RH9
	hdd - freebsd + CLEAN: 2 x ext3 + 1 x linux swap - for FC2

> 3) have you tried to do an init 3 ?

nope, will try

--
dado