evolution and ximian connector (was: no subject)

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Wed Jun 9 11:40:52 UTC 2004

Am Mi, den 09.06.2004 schrieb Sawan Vithlani um 10:08:

Please use a speaking subject line in future.

> I get this problem when I try to upgrade to the latest version of Evolution.

What is the "latest version"? Where did you take it from?

> /**********************************
> apt-get upgrade evolution
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these.
>   ximian-connector: Depends: libcom_err.so.3 but it is not installable
> E: Unmet dependencies. Try using -f.
> ******************************************/

The libcom_err.so.3 is not part of FC2. It is at least in the krb5-libs
of RH9 (and maybe in a Ximian Desktop package?).

> Not that  want the latest Evolution, its just the exchange connector I want.

There are packages by the "Redhat Evolution guy" - though I do not know
how stable or how experimental:

http://people.redhat.com/tcallawa/evolution-connector/

> I get the same failed dependency when I try to install the connector rpm....This is on a fresh Fedora Core2
> Install.

Please, if you have specific problems then always be specific about the
source of the programs / RPMs you try to use. So, which connector RPM do
you try to install?

> Sawan

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.6.5-1.358
Serendipity 13:33:49 up 7 days, 13:51, load average: 0.73, 0.32, 0.15