FC1 Proxy Servers

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Wed Jun 9 12:12:14 UTC 2004

Chalonec Roger wrote:
> All,
>
> I am looking to implement proxy services on FC1 and I have noted that
> there may be two.  One called Privoxy and another called Squid.  Does
> anyone have experience with these or a better proxy server that run on
> FC1?  I am currently using Microsoft ISA as a proxy server on Intel.

Actually, there's a third one. You can configure Apache to do proxying.
Look at http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/ , mod-proxy and mod-cache.

Note: I haven't actually tried this. I, like most other respondents,
have had good success with Squid.

James.

--
E-mail address: james@ | "OPENING LINES OF THE 23RD PSALM
westexe.demon.co.uk    | Original version: