Turning off gconfd

Jose Luis Ricardo Chavez ricardo at irsamc.ups-tlse.fr
Wed Jun 9 13:48:39 UTC 2004

Douglas Furlong wrote:

>On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 13:10, Jose Luis Ricardo Chavez wrote:
>

>>Hello,
>>
>>is there a reason to have gconfd running in background? I don't use
>>GNOME, how can I
>>disable it?
>>

>Do you use any "gnomafied" apps? If you do then I believe it would still
>need to be running for them to pic up their settings (if my guess is
>right as to what gconfd actually does ;))

Thanks for your answer Douglas, I rarely use GNOME apps but use heavily GTK
apps like firefox/thunderbird/gvim. Do you know if gconfd is used in FC2
to capture
all GNOME/GTK/KDE configuration events? From time to time my custom KDE
configuration gets replaced by the default (Bluecurve) conf without
(apparent) reason.

 - Jose Luis