KDE menu editor problem in FC2

geneSmith gene.smith at sea.siemens.com
Wed Jun 9 14:22:43 UTC 2004

Raúl Moratalla wrote, On 6/5/2004 8:24 AM:
> Alimin Bijosono Oei escribió:
>
>> Has anyone noticed that Menu Editor will not allow me to modify menu
>> manually anymore now? I used to be able to add some menu entries for
>> packages that I installed from source but now looks like only binary
>> packages will be allowed to modify the menu entries automatically
>> following installation. Is there a way for me to add menu entries
>> manually?
>> Thanks heaps.
>>
>> Alimin
>>

> I've reported the bug to kde and it's solved. This is due to edit your
> theme configuration on gnome. Delete your .config folder on your
> personal directory and you will be able to edit the kde menu again.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Raul

This has been discussed several times before on this list. Some have
said it is due to "retaining old settings" when installing fc2. Does
that have anything to do with it? Also, others have said to remove the
~/.local dir too.  Can you explain in detail or possibly provide a link
to the kde bug report.

Tks,
-gene

--