Grub!!!

T. 'Nifty New Hat' Mitchell mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 9 21:25:11 UTC 2004

On Sun, May 30, 2004 at 02:29:49PM -0400, Chiheb Djabri wrote:

> I'd like to know what doing to reinstall grub boot loader 'cause I
> have ton reinstall Windows Xp and I Know It will delete Grub from
> MBR

Why is is that you have to reinstall Windows?

One issue is solved by setting the disk
params to use LBA not AUTO in the BIOS.

Anyhow do some searching for the dual boot interactions
of Windows XP and FC2.

One rumor is that there is a bug in the way Windows set up the initial
partition map.  Then other tools correct that error and... things
break.  I am told that there is no data loss by this issue.

	and Windows XP with FC2
	search the archives and bugzilla.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l