realplay

Satish Balay balay at fastmail.fm
Thu Jun 10 01:21:32 UTC 2004

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004, Patrick Dupre wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Realplay9 gives me a brief flash and an error message:
> Floating point exception
> Similar problem has been reported previously for REdHat9
> but not solved !

The solution was to use LD_ASSUME_KERNEL 2.4.1 (or whatever supported
by glibc used)

And before you retry - always remove ~/.Real* files

I have RealPlayer-8.0-1 installed in FC1 - and it starts up without
requiring the LD_ASSUME_KERNEL option. But I rarely use it - as I play
.rm files with xine (better user interface)

Xine/mplayer can play realaudio files - if the codecs can be located
(I place them in /usr/lib/win32 - which is one of the search paths for
these players)

Satish