realplay

Patrick Dupre pdupre at chemistry.ohio-state.edu
Thu Jun 10 01:26:54 UTC 2004

Thank,

However, it does not work, I use RealPlayer9

How can I be sure that  LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1 is support by glibc-2.3.3-27 ?

> On Wed, 9 Jun 2004, Patrick Dupre wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > Realplay9 gives me a brief flash and an error message:
> > Floating point exception
> > Similar problem has been reported previously for REdHat9
> > but not solved !
>
> The solution was to use LD_ASSUME_KERNEL 2.4.1 (or whatever supported
> by glibc used)
>
> And before you retry - always remove ~/.Real* files
>
> I have RealPlayer-8.0-1 installed in FC1 - and it starts up without
> requiring the LD_ASSUME_KERNEL option. But I rarely use it - as I play
> .rm files with xine (better user interface)
>
> Xine/mplayer can play realaudio files - if the codecs can be located
> (I place them in /usr/lib/win32 - which is one of the search paths for
> these players)
>
> Satish
>

> --

---
  Patrick DUPRE                 |   |
  Department of Chemistry       |   |  Phone: (614) 292-8406
  Ohio State University         |   |  Fax:  (614) 292-1948
  120 West 18th Avenue          |   |
  Columbus, OH 43210-1173       |   |  email: pdupre at chemistry.ohio-state.edu