uw-imap on FC2

Curt Stauffer curt02 at comcast.net
Thu Jun 10 02:39:13 UTC 2004

Nina Pham wrote:
> It's been taking me too much time of this installation of uw-imap on FC2,
> I wished they didn't remove it, dovecot is not as good as this. aahhhh. I
> finally got the uw-imap installed , configured and running. However, when
> I tried to access my mail account from  mozzila, it reported "loging to
> server failed".  Any idea?

Nina, when I installed uw-imap I had to use SSL in my mail client(s), as
"plain" authentication was not allowed. I normally use Mulberry and Mozilla
Thunderbird; in T-Bird (and also Mozilla if I'm not mistaken) you check the
box labelled "use secure connection". There are other things you'll have to
do in order to use the SSL but it is well worth the effort due to the extra
level of security you're giving yourself. As I remember it wasn't too hard.

HTH,
-Curt