Cups crap

Robert kerplop at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 10 15:08:04 UTC 2004

Gerry Tool wrote:
> Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:
>
>> At 20:02 6/9/2004, Sean Estabrooks wrote:

>>> *nothing* comes out
>>

>> I'll provide some balance to this argument by saying that I *never*
>> managed to get a printer working before CUPS. Since CUPS came along,
>> I've been able to set up and share 15 or so printers (mostly HP, a few
>> Epson) flawlessly and easily. As far as I am concerned, CUPS is the
>> best thing since sliced bread.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>

> I'll second that.  It has gotten easier and easier with every iteration
> of CUPS.  LPD used to be a nightmare to get working properly.
>
> Gerry Tool

YES!  It was only months ago that I conceded ease of printer setup to a
friend who uses Windows exclusively -- and only weeks ago that I
retracted that concession.

--
/earth is 98% full ... please delete anyone you can.

  10:03:00  up 2 days, 14:52,  8 users,  load average: 0.31, 0.30, 0.20
      One billion seconds ago it was 08:16:20 CDT Mon 10/02/72