uw-imap on FC2

Nina Pham nina at gibbons.com
Thu Jun 10 17:18:07 UTC 2004

Roger Grosswiler wrote:

>hi nina,
>
>what is your authentication method within uw-imap from the source you installed the RPM? could you please post your
>.conf-file? also worthy would be a snip from your logfile. (just in case the SSL-workaround did not get it...)
>
>and try also testing access to your server locally on this machine with:
>
>telnet localhost imap
>
>you should get reply from your mailserver now....if this is so, try:
>
>aa01 login username "password" -> where username is your username and password has to be written between the "".
>
>you should get someting like: aa01 login successful, it could now be your firewall or an ACL..if you don't get it, you
>will find with tail -n10 /var/log/maillog and tail -n10 /var/log/messages the last 10 lines, which should contain the
>error-message.
>
>HTH
>Roger

This is what it display when I did "telnet myserver.com imap"
* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4REV1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS STARTTLS
LOGINDISABL
ED] barracuda IMAP4rev1 2004.350 at Thu, 10 Jun 2004 10:05:08 -0700 (PDT)
aa01 login nina mypassword
aa01 NO LOGIN failed

By the way, I'm not use SSL, does it matter?