How to enable USB mouse with Fedora Core 2

Sanjeev Verma Sanjeev.Verma at Sun.COM
Thu Jun 10 20:58:42 UTC 2004

Hi all:

I will not call myself a pro at linux, although I have been playing a
bit with the redhat distros since RedHat 7 days. I was able to install
redhat 7 pretty easily, all hardware detection went ok and i was
pleasantly surprised at the ease with which everything went. I guess the
developers are working hard...

Recently, I installed Fedora Core 2 on one of my other home desktops. I
wanted a dual boot configuration with Windows 2000. The install was not
easy - but more on that later as i was able to get past it by doing some
googling around.

My current problem is like this - I am able to boot into the fedore core
2 install only with the "nousb nofirewire" options - not otherwise - the
start up just hangs. Is there a workaround to this so i can get my mouse
working again? I can't believe I am the only soul with this problem...

Any replies will be very appreciated.

Best Regards
Sanjeev