Lucent/Agere v.92 softmodem on core 2

Kostas Sfakiotakis kostassf at cha.forthnet.gr
Thu Jun 10 23:27:54 UTC 2004

Hi there ,
Bolνvar wrote:
> First of all, Hi community, I joined a few days ago and this is my first
> post.
> My problem is:
> I own a v.92 lucent winmoden and i΄d like to know if there is any
> working driver for the core 2 kernel,
> there is none in the linmodems page.

Well , that is partially true. In the linmodems page there
is a link which gives you the ability to download the source of the
driver . From there you can be built the driver for whichever version of
the kernel you wish . Just remember you need to have the kernel source
rpm installed . I have never had problems building that driver for
various kernels right now am using it under FC1 / 2.4.26

  Also, i still couldn΄t make this
> modem work on previous distros, i could make my v.90 lucent work without
> problems, but not my v.92, it detects, communicates, but it doesn΄t
> dial. There΄s nothing wrong with the phone line.
> Later ppl.

Regards ,
   Kostas