Cups crap

reg at dwf.com reg at dwf.com
Fri Jun 11 01:12:39 UTC 2004

>          4. They have described "the community" for development as those
> who not only consume, but also contribute for the good of the community.
>
> It seems blindingly obvious to me that it is now *our* turn at bat. Let
> each of us take the initiative and take some power. Start participating in
> some part of the devel or doc process, and you will (slowly) be given more
> power. Eventually it is up to this community to take more control over the
> devel process. If we do not step up and contribute, then RH will continue
> to do it themselves. There is no conjecture in this post; it is all fact
> and public statements.
>
> What's so unfair in that?

Well, for one thing, if we're at bat, it would be *nice* if we,
the community, could vote on what was going to be in a release
and what was going to be left out.

Currently, it seems, that someone in RedHat's management makes those
decisions based on their interest in commerical products.

NB, many of us think that EXMH is the best mail reader around, but it
is gone from the distribution.  RH's Evolution (or whatever) is there
because it LOOKS like a windows mail reader, and windows users are a
market that RH is going after...

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com