Cups crap

Sean Estabrooks seanlkml at sympatico.ca
Fri Jun 11 01:32:59 UTC 2004

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 19:12:39 -0600
reg at dwf.com wrote:

> Well, for one thing, if we're at bat, it would be *nice* if we,
> the community, could vote on what was going to be in a release
> and what was going to be left out.
>
> Currently, it seems, that someone in RedHat's management makes those
> decisions based on their interest in commerical products.
>
> NB, many of us think that EXMH is the best mail reader around, but it
> is gone from the distribution.  RH's Evolution (or whatever) is there
> because it LOOKS like a windows mail reader, and windows users are a
> market that RH is going after...

So package up your favorite widget and get it into Fedora Extras.
The folks at RedHat get the final decision about what goes into
Core, but that's not the complete Fedora picture.   You can make
a difference and help others who enjoy the same widget as you.
Remember that you don't get a vote for most other distros or
M$ Windows so it's hard to understand  what you're complaining
about.  At least with Fedora you can "vote" with your actions
and provide a packaged version of your favorite apps and
Fedora Extras will distribute it.

Sean.