sound not working VIA-82xx on core 2

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Fri Jun 11 10:18:46 UTC 2004

Do you have the speaker plugged into the mic port? With Linux, the
audio comes up in the 6 speaker mode, and the micro phone port is
the port that regular should comes out of. I've got a dual boot setup,
and in windows. I used the software to have it act like a normal
sound card, and it works fine, but in linux I have to move the
speakers to the mic port to get sound, but it works fine for regular
sound and DVD.