FC2 killed my Hard Disk

Jeff Allison jeff.allison at allygray.2y.net
Fri Jun 11 10:46:44 UTC 2004

I am very confused finally got all the iso's together for a fc2 install
inserted first proceeded normally installed about 5 packages then
stopped, switched consoles saw s**t loads of ide reset errors on the HD.

Waited waited only errors rebooted.

smart error on reboot. smart errors in windows 2000 hard drive is 3 wks
old can only assume FC2 killed my Hard Disk.

hardware asrock K7VM4
AMD ATHLON 2800+
512 MB mem
80gig smasung SP0802N
RICOH DVD RW

any ides????
can smart be reset anyone know where some smart info is.
also it complaigns about the disc geom like the xp bug but I can still
boot windows

HELP!!!!!

Jeff