KDE Slideshow Screensaver Setup Broken

Hartwig Flamm hartwig.flamm at tuwien.ac.at
Fri Jun 11 10:56:16 UTC 2004

geneSmith wrote:
> I tried to setup the slideshow screen saver under kde and when I do the
> "setup" I get no dialog for selecting the location of the files to cycle
> through. In fact, after clicking on "setup" button, it remains disabled,
> even if I go to another screen saver, e.g., BSOD. You have to move to
> another configuration category and then back to screen savers before the
> "setup" button is enabled again after selecting it for slideshow.
> (Slideshow seems to work ok under RH 7.2 when I last used it.) Looked on
> kde and fedora bugzilla and saw nothing on this. Anyone else see this
> problem?
>
> Tks,
> -gene

> --
> Lit up like Levy's

I managed to solve that by providing the Screen saver with a setup file.
Copy the following data to a file named
$HOME/.kde/share/config/kslideshow.kssrc
------------<Cut Here>----------------
[KFileDialog Settings]
Preview Size=60
Recent Files=/usr/share/backgrounds/images/
ShowPreviews=false
ViewMode=SmallColumns

[KFileDialog Speedbar]
Speedbar IconSize=32

[Settings]
Delay=60
Directory=$HOME/
PrintName=false
RandomPosition=false
ShowRandom=true
SubDirectory=true
ZoomImages=false
------------<Cut Here>----------------

You might have to restart KDE (log out - log in) to get the Config Dialog working.

I don't think that a lock-up should be the "standard behavior" of any program that can't find it's config file.

so long,

--

		Hartwig Flamm

               If it's a good idea go ahead and do it.
     It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.
Computer System Management                         (+43) 1 58801 42092
Academic Computing Services                     Wiedner Hauptstr. 8-10
Vienna University of Technology                   A-1040 WIEN, AUSTRIA
Hartwig.Flamm at tuwien.ac.at           http://www.ben.tuwien.ac.at/flamm