fetchmail "X-Fetchmail-Warning" for mail from a mailinglist address

Matt Hansen helios82 at optushome.com.au
Fri Jun 11 12:32:10 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-06-10 at 20:03, Matt Hansen wrote:
<snip>
> match any local name"
<snip>
> My fairly basic .fetchmailrc:
>
> set no bouncemail
>
> poll mail.optusnet.com.au proto pop3
>      user 'helios82' there with password 'mypass' is user matt here
<snip>

Well, after hours of manpaging, googling and tinkering with my
.fetchmailrc, I've solved this issue which I'll share with the list in
the hopes it may be useful to someone possibly stumbling across this
situation in the future:
Quite simply, the second 'user' keyword before "matt" should not be
present, thus making the corrected working lines become:

poll mail.optusnet.com.au proto pop3
user 'helios82' there with pass 'mypass' is matt here

This sets the "helios82" as a single-drop account and eliminates the
warning thus successfully delivering the mail to local user "matt". It's
amazing how one tiny syntax error can be the source of so many larger
problems..

Regards,
-Matt
--
"Would you buy a car with the hood welded shut?"
 - Bob Young on the benefits of the open source development model.