burning install CDs from ISOs with Windows XP

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Fri Jun 11 02:53:51 UTC 2004

--On Monday, June 07, 2004 9:43 PM -0500 Steven Stern
<subscribed-lists at sterndata.com> wrote:

> That's really critical.  I had a bad disk 4. After disk 3 passed the
> test, I was about to cancel and just start the upgrade, but I decided to
> blow another few minutes and test it.  If only I had bother to save the
> files after burning the CDs! I had to download the .iso file all over
> again.

Agreed, but note that if you have the iso's on the hard disk of the machine
to be upgraded, you only need the boot CD and can then use the images on
the HD to finish the installation. You'll need to know the partition device
name and the path within that partition to the iso's so you can tell the
installer where to find them.