Dual boot FC2-Win: let's end the shame !

Thiers Botelho thiers at fosfertil.com.br
Fri Jun 11 18:58:04 UTC 2004

As I was just now browsing thru my brand-new copy of Fedora News Updates
#13 at

        http://fedoranews.org/colin/fnu/issue13.shtml

I looked straight for the topic which is at the moment the dearest one to
me - FC2 & Win dual-boot - and I indeed found something meaty. However a
few clarifications need be done:

        - my name is mentioned with a link to a dual-boot guide I wrote.
Let it be known that not a single response was posted to it, and AFAIK the
complete procedure is yet untested.

        - there's also a link to a very thorough document posted by Jack
Aboutboul, described as " written by an anonymous author". I would add
that the first [failed] attempt to present this document was made by Jeff
Spaleta here

 http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2004-May/msg00901.html

        - and what's really important (sad ?) about this latter posting is
what Jeff says, _ . . . we broadcast a version of this widely . . . _

Well, if we consider fedoranews.org as being Fedora's official
_broadcasting station_ then we might consider that Jeff's proposal was
fulfilled.

However . . . I suppose that most Fedora newbies's starting point is
Fedora's _real_ web site at redhat.com ; these folks will not get
acquainted with fedoranews.org until later on, when they start researching
lists and docs for specific purposes. That being the case, this important
broadcast won't reach its main audience until too late - when the
damage-which-is-no-real-damage-yet-but-is-about-to has already been done.

Let's see now . . . I'm a newbie and go to      http://fedora.redhat.com/