VNC

Mark Haney mark.haney at doctordirectory.com
Fri Jun 11 19:34:44 UTC 2004

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 14:28:51 -0500 (CDT), Benjamin J. Weiss
<benjamin at Weiss.name> wrote:

> It's not a good idea to use telnet.  SSH is *much* better.  Also, I have
> quicky howto on tunneling VNC over ssh using PuTTY.
>
> http://www.benjamin.weiss.name/putty-tunnel.html
>
> Doing it this way also means that you can keep the firewall closed to the
> vnc ports and only allow ssh through.  much more secure. :)

I am aware of that, I was only pointing out that if there was a need to
use a terminal remotely to run vncpasswd, that he could go that route.  I
always run vnc over ssh if I use it on a public network.

--
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Mark Haney
Network, Database and Systems Administration
DoctorDirectory.com Inc.