1280x800

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Fri Jun 11 20:25:54 UTC 2004

mickey wrote:

>I had the same issue with my laptop, (1680x1050)
>
>Edit your /etc/X11/xorg.conf
>
>Go down to the Modes "1024x768" 800x600" ...
>change it to Modes   "1280x800" "1024x768" etc
>
>then save and hit CTRL-ALT-BKSPACE to restart x

NOTE: ctrl-alt-bksp  will NOT restart X if you are in runlevel 5.  You
will need to 1) reboot or 2) from a console screen as root use "telinit
3" to get a non-graphics screen then "telinit 5" to go back to the
graphics mode.

I would recommend instead, to do the 'telinit 3' before starting your
edit of the config file.  From there you can use "startx" to start the X
server and ctrl-alt-bksp to kill it after each test.  Once it is working
correctly then use 'telinit 5' to go back to the graphics mode.