Running FC2 but install FC1 on a second partition, risky??

Keith G. Robertson-Turner fedora-forums at genesis-x.nildram.co.uk
Sat Jun 12 08:36:43 UTC 2004

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 10:16:43 +0200, Coume - Lubox.com wrote:

> 1) Can FC1 and FC2 share the same /home without creating problem?

Hmmm, two systems both writing to the same dotfiles - probably not a good
idea. Have a separate area for "shared" files instead.

2) What will happen to my /boot when installing FC1? Will it erase it or
will FC1 add its lines to grub?

Don't use grub in the second install, in fact just skip the whole
bootloader stuff altogether. Once you're finished installing, reboot to
the original install and just add the second to the grub.conf.

> 3) Is there anything special to do to make sure everything will go fine?

Sure. Don't overwrite any files :)

-
K.