sendmail problem

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sat Jun 12 17:51:27 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-06-12 at 10:34, Don Dupy wrote:
> I stand corrected, I was wrong
> Guess I'm not much help if I give out bad advice

---
it wasn't such bad advice - it missed the question which was about
authentication. Had it not been asking about authentication, your advice
about /etc/mail/access is correct.

The advice shows that you've been using sendmail a long time and there
have been some shortcuts made, concerning re-hashing and m4 generating a
new cf file, but the commands such as:
m4 /etc/mail/sendmail.mc > /etc/mail/sendmail.cf still work (though as
you undoubtedly noticed, sendmail.cf has moved to the /etc/mail
subdirectory.

;-)

Craig