disk partition probs - FC2 install

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Sat Jun 12 17:55:05 UTC 2004

Am Sa, den 12.06.2004 schrieb Reg Clemens um 19:46:

> > > I have a disk with the partitions out of order. i.e. hda5 is before hda4.
> > > Is this a problem? Is it possible to change the order?
> > >

> This is the result of using Disk Druid to partition the disk, and its
> the reason I constantly complain about this piece of software that
> RedHat has impoesed on us.

Not true. Disk Druid does not mix the partitions that way. The OP very
certainly did use other tools, namely from the DOS/Windows[tm] world,
like Partition Magic. Shall we bet?

>                                         Reg.Clemens

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.6.6-1.427
Serendipity 19:52:56 up 15:35, 8 users, 0.07, 0.13, 0.21