disk partition probs - FC2 install

Reg Clemens reg at dwf.com
Sat Jun 12 18:13:21 UTC 2004

> --===============1048217463==
> 	protocol="application/pgp-signature"; boundary="=-T3ibUJSMaYDJdVRmIwuA"
>

> --=-T3ibUJSMaYDJdVRmIwuA

> da4.
> >=20
> > This is the result of using Disk Druid to partition the disk, and its
> > the reason I constantly complain about this piece of software that
> > RedHat has impoesed on us.
>
> Not true. Disk Druid does not mix the partitions that way. The OP very
> certainly did use other tools, namely from the DOS/Windows[tm] world,
> like Partition Magic. Shall we bet?
>
> >                                         Reg.Clemens

I beg to differ.
You need to watch Disk Druid in action some time.
I have tried to generate a series of partitions, of known sizes, in a known
order, only to find Disk Druid REORDERING them.  Its very frustrating.
I ALWAYS partition with fdisk.  Ill use Disk Druid to associate a name
with an existing partition during the install, but nothing else.

And sorry, I must have mistyped when I looked for it, but fdisk is indeed
in /sbin/fdisk on FC2.
--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com