disk partition probs - FC2 install

Ben Steeves bcs at metacon.ca
Sat Jun 12 18:57:05 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-12-06 at 20:52 +0200, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am Sa, den 12.06.2004 schrieb Gene Heskett um 20:33:
>
> > First off it won't allow the /boot named partition to not be a
> > directory of /, and there isn't any good reason I can see for that
> > restriction.  If there is, please explain it to me.  AFAIK, it could
> > actually be on a different physical drive as still be 100%
> > functional.

> And again, the reordering that Disk Druid does is intended by it's
> developers.

Just because a developer intended something to work in a particular way
doesn't automatically make it the *right* way.  If there's a GOOD reason
why it reorders partitions, I'd like to know what it is.  Otherwise, it
just seems arbitrary (and annoying).

Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs at metacon.ca
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )               ben.steeves at unb.ca
http://www.metacon.ca/ascii    / \     Yahoo Messenger: ben_steeves