VMware and Kernel 2.6.6-1.427

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Sat Jun 12 19:24:45 UTC 2004

Robert Locke wrote:

>Perhaps an even easier solution....
>
>VMWare has released an update to VMWare Workstation 4.5.  Upgrade to
>4.5.2 build 8848.  I simply downloaded the rpm, upgraded and re-ran
>vmware-config.pl and that compile problem went away.  Seems to
>incorporate some or all of the updates from
>vmware-any-any-update##.tar.gz.
>
>BTW, I had no problems with VMWare Workstation 4.5.1 build 7568 under
>FC2 2.6.5-1.358 and now seem to be having success with VMWare
>Workstation 4.5.2 build 8848 under FC2 2.6.6-1.427.
>
>--Rob

A question for those who are already running VMWare on Core 2: does it
complain about the keyboard layout? When I managed to run vmware on the
original kernel of FC2 , it complained about not finding the keyboard
layout (probably because it may be looking for XFree86) and then it
didnt show anything , but the VM was loaded anyway... Not very usefull
if the VM is running windows or if you need to read the boot messages of
a linux VM...

--
Pedro Macedo